St. Maries Middle School Mission Statement
St. Maries Middle School will provide students with the opportunity to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to reach their maximum potential in all areas.
St. Maries Middle School administration, staff, and students believe that each individual has a unique set of interests, aptitudes, and goals. Through curriculum, students will learn about their culture and how to relate to it and solve real life problems. A positive, safe, and nurturing environment where learning is the number one priority will be provided. It is a desire that each student will become a mature, educated, and productive citizen. The student’s welfare and development can be achieved only with full cooperation and support of all agencies of community life with the home bearing primary responsibility.
- To encourage the desire for learning and the realization that education is a life-long process.
- To provide a structured enviroment where all students have the opportunity to learn.
- To give the student the opportunity to gain social and environmental responsibilities.
- To expose the students to experiences that will develop self-confidence in all areas of communication.
- To encourage an attitude of open-mindedness on questions involving social, economic, and cultural change.
- To give the students the opportunity to expand and explore their knowledge of technology.
- To organize activities in which pupil participation, creativeness, and self expression are emphasized.
- To approach each student, acknowledging that the school is interested in him or her as a unique individual.